Pages

Friday, September 6, 2013

36 Weeks

It is really incredible feeling this little person moving arms and legs in my belly. I have grown so used to it that I don't know how it will feel to have my body back. And despite the discomforts I'm going to mids having our first baby moving his or her little butt around in there.

For the past two months or so I believe the baby has been head down, butt up by my left side, and feet over on my right. I always feel hiccups on my left side, and kicks on my right. Every now and then it feels like the baby gets stuck in my ribs because there is so much pressure there! And I've had a couple of strong kicks that actually made me feel sore.

I didn't realize just how long I've been having Braxton hicks. But it has actually been several months. But with time I came to learn that's what they were all along. My stomach tightens up, and it looks kinda warped. The closer to my due date, the more uncomfortable they get. And now they take my breath away, and sometimes it feels like I am getting hot flashes with em!! If I over do it, like walking to the Rangers game in this heat, they are so much worse. The worst so far lasted a couple of hours, getting like 10 in a single hour. So of course I started timing them, and although they were pretty regular they started to space out instead of getting closer.

And lately, I feel so much pressure so it hurts to lift to my legs, AT ALL.  Whether I'm trying to get up, put on pants, or just turn in bed, I feel sore.

This all sounds kind of horrible, but it is not that bad!!! I just felt I should write it all down before our baby arrives and we get so excited that I forget all of the details of our pregnancy. We both love this baby so much already and cannot wait to meet him or her... But I think that one of the coolest things about being pregnant is being able to protect your little one at all times. I think am going to miss that feeling the most of all. And feeling someone wake up throughout the day and kicking you randomly to remind you they are there is pretty cool too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment