Pages

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Nursery Ideas

So I put together I little mood board on my computer with some of the things we've already bought, things we have but need to be finished, and a couple of extras I'd like to have. 
My nursery mood board July 13, 2013. Click image to enlarge within page.
Here's where you can find the things we bought at Ikea:
Curtains: LAPPLJUNG  |  Rug: BĂ„LUM  |  Blanket: Gurli

We have the dresser, which will become the changing table, but we haven't finished it yet. We are going to paint the drawers in gradient shades of turquoise and add some cute glass knobs, or maybe paint the current knobs the same color as the drawer it's on.

We bought the rocking chair but that also needs to be finished.  My inspiration came from KFD Designs - she's incredible and you should definitely check out her blog.. you'll be there forever.  I'm not sure if I'll be simply adding a pillow or if I'll try to re-upholster the chair.  For now though, I think making a cute pillow cover for one of our existing cushions will have to do.

This is the crib I want: it's from Storkcraft and I found it at Walmart.
*-*-*
I'd like to add some cute frames in different shades of turquoise.  I want to leave some empty and some with some simple gray and white drawings of animals I'd make, some elephants, giraffes, whales, owls, penguins, etc., with little hints of blue and red if it feels right.

I also want to make 2 simple paintings, each with a different quote.  One from Dr. Seuss: 
"We're all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutual weirdness and call it love."

And some lyrics from "Make you Feel my Love". I absolutely love this song and Patrick's youngest brother played it on the piano at our wedding:
"I could make you happy, make your dreams come true. Nothing that I wouldn't do. Go to the ends of the Earth for you. To make you feel my love." 

So.......................... I think that's it? Whew. Glad I organized all my ideas in one place so that now I just need to follow through with everything I want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment